Join M3 as a Physicist
M3 is hiring qualified Physicists to work on X-ray technology in support of radiation biology in Tempe, Arizona. Applicants must hold a minimum of a Bachelors of Science (BS) in Physics and have previous Laboratory experience either through their education or through a professional laboratory.
M3 is working with federal and academic partners to develop cutting edge approaches to deploying Sterile Insect Technique in support of Specialty Crops such as Apples, Pears, Almonds and Pistachios. Your role as a Physicist will support sustainable solutions to agricultural issues.
If you are interested in maintaining X-ray machines, developing dose mapping and supporting radiation biology, please complete the following form.
Job Duties Include:
- Ensure the safe operation of various X-ray machines.
- Ensure the safety of personnel working with various X-ray machines.
- Replication of precise laboratory experiments.
- Identify the Dose Uniformity Rate of various X-ray Machines.
- Work with Biologists to measure the impact of ionizing radiation on insect performance.
- Maintain X-ray Machines to manufacturer's specifications.
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures for various X-ray Machines.
- Ensure compliance of X-ray Machines with local, state and federal agencies.
- Work with Excel for data entry and analysis.
- Aid in the development of Peer Review Publications .
- Ensure that Company policies and procedures contained in the Company Manuals are followed.
- Be prepared to travel within the US and to international meetings in Europe.
- Develop and adhere to laboratory Standard Operating Procedures.
Physical Requirements include:
- This job is physically demanding, requiring self-motivated individuals who appreciate working both indoors and outdoors.
- Pass a general physical.
- Capable of lifting 80 (Eighty) pounds.
- Capable of walking 3 miles in 45 minutes.
- Capable of working outdoors, in direct sunlight for 8 hours.
- Capable of working with lab equipment, including dosimeters, microscopes, x-ray machines and autonomous systems, including robotics.