Join M3 as a Biologist
M3 is hiring qualified Biologists and Entomologists to work on insect mass rearing, Sterile Insect Technique and radiation biology in Tempe, Arizona. Applicants must hold a degree in a Biological Science and have previous Laboratory experience either through their education or through a professional laboratory.
M3 is currently working with federal and academic partners to develop cutting edge approaches to deploying Sterile Insect Technique in support of Specialty Crops such as Apples, Pears, Almonds and Pistachios. Your role as a biologist will support sustainable solutions to agricultural issues.
If you are interested in working on SIT, insect mass rearing, and radiation biology, please complete the following form.
Job Duties Include:
- Replication of precise lab experiments and assays.
- Assess the impact of ionizing radiation on insect performance.
- Assess the nutritional impact of Artificial Diets on mass reared Lepidoptera.
- Assist in the development of novel means to improve mass rearing.
- Work with Excel for data entry and analysis.
- Aid in the development of Peer Review Publications .
- Ensure that Company policies and procedures contained in the Company Manuals are followed.
- Be prepared to travel within the US and to international meetings in Europe.
- Proper handling and release materials.
- Perform basic maintenance (M3 will provide training on maintenance procedures).
- Develop and adhere to laboratory Standard Operating Procedures.
Physical Requirements include:
- This job is physically demanding, requiring self-motivated individuals who appreciate working both indoors and outdoors.
- Pass a general physical.
- Capable of lifting 80 (Eighty) pounds.
- Capable of walking 3 miles in 45 minutes.
- Capable of working outdoors, in direct sunlight for 8 hours.
- Capable of working with lab equipment, including microscopes, x-ray machines and autonomous systems, including robotics.